LEXINGTON, Ky. (Jan. 25, 2019) — The University of Kentucky Police Department issued the UK Crime Bulletin below tonight following report of a sexual assault on campus:
In the interest of safety, the University of Kentucky Police Department has issued the following Crime Bulletin for the UK community.
On Friday, January 25, 2019, it was reported that a female student was the victim of a sexual assault in a residence hall room by a male known to her. The suspect is not a UK student and is described as an African-American male, 5’11”, 140 lbs., with brown eyes and black hair.
University of Kentucky Police Department has issued this Crime Bulletin for the UK community in compliance with the “Timely Notice” provision of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.
If anyone has information to report about this incident, please contact UK Police at (859) 257-8573.
The University of Kentucky values a safe community for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors. In the interest of promoting a safe and secure campus environment, UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
- If you see something, say something. For emergencies, call 911.
- Be an active bystander. If you think someone is at risk for sexual assault, consider it an emergency and get involved.
- Consent for sexual contact is not implied.
- Carry a cell phone to be able to call for help in emergencies.
- Download and use the LiveSafe Application
- Take the UKPD taught S.T.A.R.R class
- Request a FREE SAFECATS student safety escort or coordinate after-hours on-demand bus service during the fall and spring semesters by calling (859) 257-SAFE(7233).
- Make statements with authority – “BACK-OFF! STOP! NO-WAY!” You deserve to be respected.