Fine Arts Institute Offers Community Art Classes at UK
LEXINGTON, Ky. (June 6, 2014) — The University of Kentucky Fine Arts Institute returns again this summer to offer noncredit classes and workshops for adults in the community who wish to further their artistic talents. Designed to fit into most people's working schedules, these noncredit art courses are meant to explore different aspects of creativity and span many different disciplines.
Courses range from four to nine weeks and individual class sessions last around three hours per meeting. The Fine Arts Institute also offers a handful of one-day workshops throughout the summer for those who cannot fit a weekly course into their schedules.
The earliest courses begin the week of June 8, with other classes beginning and ending throughout the summer. The entire summer program will be completed Aug. 27.
The weekly classes being offered this summer include:
· "Beginning to Draw" with Christine Kuhn, 6-9 p.m. Mondays, beginning June 9, $180;
· "Ceramics" with Jill Stofer, 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays, beginning June 10, $250;
· "Beginning to Paint" with Kuhn, 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays, beginning June 10, $180;
· "Mold Making and Metal Casting" with Jeremy Colbert, 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays, beginning July 8, $200;
· "Continuing to Paint" with Kuhn, 6-9 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning June 11, $180;
· "3-D Design and Digital Fabrication" with Derek Eggers, 6-9 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning June 11, $360;
· "Beginning Photoshop" with Lennon Michalski, 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, starting July 8, $140; and
· "Beginning Metal Working" with Colbert, 6-9 p.m. Thursdays, beginning June 12, $250
For those interested in a one-day workshop, the summer 2014 workshops are:
· "Digital Photography Composition and Creativity" with Michalski, 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturday, June 28; or Saturday, July 19; or Saturday, Aug. 2, $80;
· "Advanced Digital Photography and Studio Lighting" with Michalski and Shelly Petty, 3-8 p.m. Friday, June 27; or 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, July 26; or 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5, $100; and
· "Advanced Digital Photography and Outdoor Portraits" with Michalski and Petty, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday, July 27.
The Fine Arts Institute is an outreach program at the UK School of Art and Visual Studies in the UK College of Fine Arts. It demonstrates all the resources and classrooms that the school has to offer through noncredit art classes. All courses and workshops are open to the public and not restricted to students of the university.
For more information, visit http://finearts.uky.edu/art/FAI.
MEDIA CONTACT: Whitney Hale, 859-257-8716; firstname.lastname@example.org