Media Advisory: Board of Trustees/Committees Meetings
WHO: The University of Kentucky Board of Trustees and board committees
WHAT: conduct scheduled meetings
Monday, May 2, 2011:
- 5:30 p.m., Social and Dinner, Boone Center, 510 Rose Street
Tuesday, May 3, 2011:
- 8 a.m. Board Meeting, Board Room, 18th floor Patterson Office Tower (POT) — the board will go into closed session
- 8:30 a.m., University Health Care Committee, Board Room, 18th floor, POT
- 10 a.m., Academic Affairs Committee, Room A, 18th floor, POT
- 10:30 a.m., Student Affairs Committee, Room C, 18th floor, POT
- 11 a.m., Finance Committee, Board Room, 18th Floor, POT
- Noon, lunch, Rooms F and G, 18th floor, POT
- 1 p.m., Board Meeting, Board Room, 18th floor, POT
MORE: at 8 a.m. meeting, the Board of Trustees will go into closed session to discuss faculty, staff and student input on the presidential candidate taken from forums held Monday and from online survey results.
At the 1 p.m. meeting, the board is expected to make a final vote on the preferred presidential candidate at the end of the meeting. If the candidate is approved as the new president, that person will make a few remarks from the podium there, then go to the Main Building for media interviews. UK Public Relations and Marketing personnel will be present to accompany media to the Main Building.
Media parking is on Administration Drive.
MEDIA CONTACT: Jay Blanton, (859) 699-0041, or Kathy Johnson, (859) 257-3303, ext. 251