LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 26, 2014) — The second event in a series of Strategic Plan Town Halls will take place from 4-5 p.m. today in the Room 234 of the UK BioPharm Complex. Town Hall events represent opportunities to learn about, engage with and provide feedback for "see tomorrow." The University of Kentucky Strategic Plan.
The Town Hall, which will focus on trends in higher education, is designed to facilitate a robust discussion about these trends as the university develops its next Strategic Plan. Susan Carvalho, UK Associate Provost for Internationalization will facilitate the discussion.
Feedback will be compiled and shared with the Strategic Planning Committee.
The current trends that the strategic plan working groups have identified include:
1. Changing Finances and Sustainability of Funding Sources
2. Redefining the Purpose of Public Higher Education
3. Greater Accountability
4. Increased Use of Technology
5. Increased Internationalization
6. Changing Undergraduate Population and Curriculum
7. Challenges in Graduate Education: Ph.D., Master’s, and Professional Degrees
8. Changes in Research Funding
9. The Changing Professoriate
"To have a discussion about the trends that are shaping the future of higher education as well as the University of Kentucky represents an important starting point for developing our Strategic Plan," said UK Provost Christine Riordan. "President Capilouto and I believe that, to develop a plan for our future, we need to fully understand the context of where we are now."
MEDIA CONTACT: Sarah Geegan, (859) 257-5365Call: (859) 257-5365; email@example.com