LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 13, 2014) — Valentine's Day is a day to show those around you how much you love them. We think that day should extend to your university. And if you show UK a little love, you might just get a little love back in the form of an iPad!
UK's Office of Undergraduate Admission is sponsoring the "Share the UK Love" contest this Valentine's Day.
We are asking currently enrolled UK students (undergraduate, graduate and professional; full and part time) to share their status on Facebook, tweet why they love UK or share a photo on Instagram on Valentine's Day. Participating is easy:
- Go to www.facebook.com/seeblue and like the page
- Post on Facebook a status about why you love UK between the hours of midnight and 11:59 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14.
- You must tag "University of Kentucky Admissions" in your post.
- Example status: I love all of the opportunities to be involved at UK! @seeblue
- Tweet a message about why you love UK between the hours of midnight and 11:59 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14.
- You must mention @UKYAdmission in your tweet
- Example tweet: I love being a Wildcat! @UKYAdmission
- Post a picture or shoot a video featuring why you love UK between the hours of midnight and 11:59 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14
- You must mention @seeblue in the comment section of your post
All entries will then be placed in a random drawing to win an iPad. To qualify, you must be a full-time, currently enrolled UK student (enrollment will be verified) and the rules listed above must be followed exactly. An entry will be given for a Facebook post, a Twitter post and an Instagram post, for a maximum of three (3) entries per participant. Winners will be announced Friday, Feb. 21, on the UK Admissions Facebook page at www.facebook.com/seeblue. Winners will also be notified via email using their official university email address.
Students are also encouraged to like the University of Kentucky Admissions' Facebook page, follow @UKYAdmission on Twitter and follow @seeblue on Instagram. Join the conversation by using #seeblue.
MEDIA CONTACT: Katy Bennett, email@example.com, 859-257-1909