In the interest of safety, the University of Kentucky issues the following Crime Bulletin.
UK Police are investigating a fourth degree assault. At approximately 6:15 p.m. Monday, April 18, UK Police were notified of an incident that occurred in the basement of W.T. Young Library. Since that time UK Police have learned of a similar incident that took place on the same day and location. In both incidents the victims reported that the suspect crawled under the study desk and used an unknown object to puncture their feet.
The suspect is described as a white male, 5’8"-6’0", short hair (possible buzz hair cut), wearing a hat and bright orange shorts or shoes. The suspect was last seen walking toward the vending machines in the library's basement.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation is asked to contact the University of Kentucky Police at (859) 257-1616 or #UKPD (#8573) from any cell phone.
UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
• If you notice anything suspicious, go to the nearest phone and call 911.
• Carry a cell phone or other personal safety device.
• Always be aware of your surroundings and of the activities of people around you.
• Do not travel alone after dark; always walk with a friend or with a group.
• Request a FREE SAFECATS student safety escort or coordinate after-hours on-demand bus service by calling the University’s One Number coordinated student safety services program at 257-SAFE(7233).
• Park only in well-lit areas.
• Make statements with authority -- BACK-OFF! STOP! NO WAY! Never comply with being moved to another location, FIGHT BACK!
• If you choose to drink, be responsible! Alcohol clouds decision making and increases confidence, a combination that often leads to risky situations.
If you have been a victim of violence, please contact the Violence Intervention and Prevention (VIP) Center for confidential services, support and referrals. 859-257-3564.