UK Police Department Issues Crime Bulletin
LEXINGTON, Ky. (May 5, 2014) — In the interest of safety, the University of Kentucky Police Department has issued the following Crime Bulletin to the UK community.
On Monday, May 5, 2014, UK Police Department received a delayed report of the following crime, which took place on UK’s campus. A sexual assault was reported by a third party to have occurred between the hours of 11 p.m. Friday, May 2 and 2 a.m. Saturday, May 3. A female student was allegedly assaulted by a male student in a residence hall on campus. The alleged suspect is known to the victim and the crime is currently being investigated.
University of Kentucky Police Department has issued this Crime Bulletin for the UK Community in compliance with the “Timely Notice” provision of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.
If anyone has any information regarding this incident, please contact UK Police at (859) 257-8573.
The University of Kentucky values a safe community for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors. In the interest of promoting a safe and secure campus environment, UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
- If you see something, say something. For emergencies, call 911.
- Carry a cell phone to be able to call for help in emergencies.
- Whenever possible, look out for your friends when you go out together; walk together and make sure that everyone gets home safely.
- Request a FREE SAFECATS student safety escort or coordinate after-hours on-demand bus service during the fall and spring semesters by calling (859) 257-SAFE(7233).
- Park in well-lit areas, if available.
- If possible, do not travel alone after dark; walk with a friend or with a group.
- Turn over any requested items (purse, wallet, etc.).
- If you choose to drink, be responsible. Alcohol is never an excuse to hurt another person.
- Make statements with authority – “BACK-OFF! STOP! NO-WAY!” You deserve to be respected.