LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 20, 2014) — The University of Kentucky Women’s Forum is seeking nominations for its board. Nominations for the 2014-2016 term are being accepted now through 5 p.m. Friday, March 28.
Self-nominations are welcome from anyone interested in championing women’s issues at UK. Employees are also encouraged to reach out to other potential candidates to see if they would like to be nominated. Women’s Forum membership is open to all regular staff and faculty, both women and men.
A link to the online nomination form is available on the Women's Forum website, at http://www.uky.edu/womensforum. Some of the features and benefits of board membership include:
- Enhancing leadership and teamwork skills;
- Participating in networking opportunities with a diverse group of individuals;
- Celebrating the uniqueness of all women at UK;
- Being involved in the Sarah Bennett Holmes Award and Luncheon;
- Developing new contributions to the annual Women’s Forum Conference; and
- Participating in the Employee Educational Assistance Awards program, which bestows scholarships for continuing education among UK employees.
In addition to board membership, there are many other opportunities to become involved, such as joining as a general member. For general membership inquiries, contact Marcia Shrout at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the Women’s Forum can be directed to Sarah Nikirk at email@example.com.