LEXINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 4, 2022) — The Office of the President and the University of Kentucky Staff Senate proudly announce the 13th annual Outstanding Staff Awards (OSA) ceremony to recognize the exceptional contributions of staff across the university.
Submissions and nominations are now being accepted through Nov. 1, 2022.
The OSA event is composed of two elements:
- recognition of staff who have won department, college and/or area-level awards, and
- awarding of the universitywide Outstanding Staff Awards.
You can submit/nominate staff for either, or both, of the two elements using the link below.
While the first element has been pre-determined at a local level, the second element is an invitation for all UK students, staff and faculty to nominate outstanding staff members who have made an immeasurable impact on the UK experience.
Categories for the universitywide Outstanding Staff Awards include:
- Outstanding Staff Member selected from student nominations;
- Outstanding Staff Member selected from staff nominationsl;
- Outstanding Staff Member selected from faculty nominations; and
- Outstanding Staff Member selected from all nominations.
Submission and nomination instructions:
- Local-level award recognition eligibility:
- All local-level awards given from Nov. 1, 2021, to Nov. 1, 2022, are eligible for submission and recognition at the event.
- You will have the option to nominate local-level award winners for an OSA at the end of the submission form.
- Universitywide Outstanding Staff Awards nominations:
- All staff are eligible to be nominated for an Outstanding Staff Award regardless of whether they have received another award this year. Winning a local level award does not automatically enter a staff member for consideration for an Outstanding Staff Award. Only staff nominated using the form linked below will be considered.
To submit information on local-level awards and/or to nominate a staff member for a universitywide Outstanding Staff Award, please complete this submission/nomination form.
The submission and nomination deadline is Nov. 1, 2022.
UK will recognize local-level award recipients and announce the winners of our Outstanding Staff Awards categories at the OSA ceremony in early December. Invitations to attend will be extended in November.
For questions regarding the OSA program, please contact Bobbi Jo Allen, Staff Senate program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org; Paige Noland, Special Events Committee chair, at email@example.com; or Olivia Ellis, Staff Senate chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion four years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for five straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.