LEXINGTON, Ky. (April 3, 2017) — The Bolivar Art Gallery is excited to present this year's senior juried group exhibition featuring the university’s graduating art students in the BA art studio program at the University of Kentucky School of Art and Visual Studies.
The free public exhibition “Unconventional” will run from April 3 to April 6, and will end with a closing reception 4:30- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 6, in the gallery located in the Art and Visual Studies Building.
The work in this exhibition represents the students' growth as artists during their studies at UK. The show features open concepts and a wide range of mediums. "Unconventional" will showcase the talents of 22 soon-to-be graduates including:
- Rae Annah Bandy, of Covington, Kentucky;
- Jacob Bell, of Lexington;
- Rachel Berling, of Walton, Kentucky;
- Shannon Bragen, of San Jose, California;
- Frederick Dunn, of LaGrange, Kentucky;
- Beth Forster, of La Grange Highlands, Illinois;
- Nikyta Graves, of Lexington;
- Luke Hays, of Pikeville, Kentucky;
- Rachel Hughes, of Versailles, Kentucky;
- Julian Hull, of Vanceburn, Kentucky;
- Elizabeth May;
- Maggie Mari Murdock, of Georgetown, Kentucky;
- Kristina Payne, of Owensboro, Kentucky;
- Jarrett Perkins, of Monticello, Kentucky;
- Jennifer Primm, of Louisville, Kentucky;
- Caroline Short, of Ashland, Kentucky;
- Rikel Taro, of Walton, Kentucky;
- Michael Taylor, of Lexington;
- Alyssa Teegarden, of Hebron, Kentucky;
- Chynna Thomas, of Richmond, Kentucky; and
- Anna Wildeman, of Arlington Heights, Illinois.
“Unconventional” will be on display at the Bolivar Art Gallery, located at 236 Bolivar St., during the gallery hours of 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Hours will be extended to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 6, for the closing reception for this show.
For more information on "Unconventional", contact Rae Bandy at email@example.com or contact the School of Arts and Visual Studies at 859-257-8151.
The UK School of Art and Visual Studies, at the UK College of Fine Arts, is an accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in the fields of art studio, art history and visual studies, art education, and digital media and design.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue