LEXINGTON, Ky. (Aug. 29, 2017) — The University of Kentucky Alumni Association, Fayette County Cooperative Extension Services and UK Human Resources Staff Career Development are pleased to announce Job Club’s 2017 fall schedule. The purpose of the Central Kentucky Job Club is to provide a positive environment for motivated job seekers to meet, connect, share and learn. The free group is open to the public and meets the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at the Fayette County Cooperative Extension Services office, located at 1140 Harry Sykes Way in Lexington. Business attire is encouraged. Convenient, free parking is available.
Job Club is for you if you are motivated and currently out of work, underemployed or looking to make a career transition. In addition, recruiters and employers are always welcome and introduced to Job Club attendees. For more information, call the UK Alumni Association at 859-257-8905, the Fayette Cooperative Extension Services office at 859-257-5582 or the UK Human Resources Staff Career Development office at 859-257-9416. Additional information, including testimonials from former Job Club participants, can be viewed at: www.ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Job Club Fall Meeting Schedule:
- Sept. 12 "Behavior Based Interviewing: What Is It & Why It Matters" — Presented by Thomas Keene, PHR, Cooperative Extension HR personnel director
- Sept. 26 "Networking Your Way To A New Job" — Presented by Angela Keene, PHR, SHRM-CP, University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy HR
- Oct. 10 "Brace Yourself: Resume Advice Is Coming; and More Career Lessons from the 'Game of Thrones'" — Presented by Robin Fleischer, master career counselor
- Oct. 24 "The Business & Personal Value of LinkedIn" — Presented by Marc Whitt, UK Office of Philanthropy (Free resume reviews immediately following Job Club)
- Nov. 14 "A Life Ring for Those Who Have Given Up Hope in Their Job Search" — Presented by Doug Bruce, president, Covenant Executive Search
- Nov. 28 "Capitalizing on Your Personality Strengths in Your Job Search" — Presented by Melody Nall, MS, MCHES, extension specialist Community and Economic Development Initiative of Kentucky (CEDIK)
- Dec. 12 "The Best of 2017: Stand-out Resources for Job Seekers and Career Changers" — Presented by Diane Kohler, UK HR staff Career Development & Caroline Francis, UK Alumni Career Services
*Snow Policy: If Fayette County Public Schools are closed or on a delay, Job Club will not meet.
The UK Alumni Association is a membership supported organization committed to fostering lifelong engagement among alumni, friends, the association and the university. For more information about the UK Alumni Association or to become a member, visit www.ukalumni.net or call 1-800-269-2586.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue