LEXINGTON, Ky. (Nov. 13, 2023) — Thanksgiving Break is right around the corner. Although many students will be leaving Lexington for the week, some are sticking around campus. To accommodate students, faculty and staff who will be on campus throughout the break, several University of Kentucky facilities will have adjusted hours of operation.
- UK Dining: Many dining locations will have adjusted hours. Find the list of locations and hours here.
- UK Housing: Non-break residence halls will close 10 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 22, and will reopen noon Sunday, Nov. 26. Students in need of housing for Thanksgiving or Winter Breaks must notify UK Campus Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UK Libraries: Many libraries will be closed during the break. You can find the list of libraries and their hours here.
- UK Transportation Services: Check out UK Transportation’s website to stay up to date on parking info.
- UK Campus Recreation: Both the Johnson Center and Alumni Gym will be closed Thursday, Nov. 23 and Friday, Nov. 24. They will reopen on Saturday, Nov. 25.
- Regional airport shuttles: UK Transportation Services offers free regional airport shuttles. Make sure to register for your seat here.
- Talkspace: Available for all students, Talkspace provides convenient, personal and professional online messaging therapy anytime, anywhere.
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $476.5 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.