LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 28, 2017) — The University of Kentucky Office for Institutional Diversity last year began offering Inclusive Excellence Student Program grants. The office is now accepting proposals for the fourth round of grant funding. Proposals for this round will be accepted from Oct. 1-31. Selected proposals will be awarded funding for the spring 2018 semester.
The office is seeking innovative inclusive excellence programs that are student-centric and foster collaborative programming and partnerships among groups, centers, programs, registered student organizations and/or initiatives that have goals to:
- create or improve collaborative programs that include or address the importance of diverse views and cultures;
- encourage the participation of all students in inclusive excellence initiatives at the university;
- educate ourselves and others on issues of social justice, diversity, intercultural dialogue and communication;
- increase belonging and engagement of marginalized, historically underrepresented and minority groups;
- develop sustainable programs that increase awareness and appreciation for a diverse and inclusive community; and/or
- increase opportunities for collaborative learning around issues of inclusive excellence.
Preference will be given to groups, centers, programs, registered student organizations (in good standing) and/or initiatives that propose activities and opportunities that:
- are inclusive of our diverse student populations;
- demonstrate collaborative partnerships with other groups, centers, programs, registered student organizations and initiatives that engage diverse students across various identities;
- serve as models for replication and sustainability throughout the campus community; and
- extend the success of existing programs or events at the university with significant impact.
Proposal may be submitted to email@example.com. For more information or to submit a proposal, visit www.uky.edu/diversity/inclusive-excellence-program-grants.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue