LEXINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 26, 2020) – Protect. Respect. Get your flu shot.
The University of Kentucky announced its plan to vaccinate all students on Oct. 8. The university set a deadline for students to receive their vaccination by Nov. 1. With the deadline looming, UK is offering new locations and times on campus for students to receive their flu shot.
- Gatton Student Center, room 330 A & B
- Mon., Oct. 26 – Thurs., Oct. 29: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Fri., Oct. 30: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- University Health Service, 2nd Floor Lobby
- Mon., Oct. 26 – Fri., Oct. 30: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- The 90, Lobby
- Mon., Oct. 26 – Thurs., Oct. 29: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Fri., Oct. 30: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- William T. Young Library, Starbucks
- Mon., Oct. 26: 3 – 8 p.m.
- Tues., Oct. 27: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Wed., Oct. 28: 3 – 8 p.m.
- Thurs., Oct. 29: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
There are a few other important things to remember about getting your flu shot this year:
- All on-campus flu shot locations allow walkup vaccinations, other than UHS. Students can use their MyUK portal to make an appointment at UHS.
- Students do not need to bring or show their insurance card in order to receive their free flu shot.
- Whether students receive their flu shot from one of the on-campus options, or at an off-campus pharmacy, they must upload their proof of vaccination here.
- Students must wear a mask and practice physical distancing at all of the flu shot locations.
For more other information about receiving a flu shot this year, visit go.uky.edu/flushot.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion three years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for four straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.