LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 19, 2022 ) — Next week, the University of Kentucky will offer students and recent alumni an opportunity to connect with more than 200 employers in the fall semester career fair series.
- The Engineering, Computer Science and STEM Career Fair is noon-4 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 27.
- The Business, Communications, Liberal Arts and All Majors Career Fair is 2-6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28.
- Kentucky Signature Industries Fair is 4-7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 29.
- Equine Industries
- Distillation, Wine and Brewing Industries
The career fairs will take place in the Gatton Student Center ballrooms.
The fall semester career fairs offer an important opportunity to network and personally connect with employers. Employer representatives are interested in connecting with students from all academic majors, and they’re eager to share information with students about internships, co-ops and job opportunities. Students from all class years are encouraged to attend.
UK Career Services are providing career fair prep workshops. Students can pre-register or drop in for these workshops. More information is available at: www.uky.edu/careercenter/hireblue-career-fairs.
Reasons to attend UK’s fall career fairs:
- Boss up! Don’t miss this chance to take control of your career path and connect with extraordinary opportunities.
- Network with BBN’s top pros: Many of the recruiters and employer representatives are UK alumni and BBN supporters who want to see more UK students have amazing career opportunities.
- Gain an advantage: Do you know what career possibilities your UK degree will offer? Career fairs are a great way to find out.
- Get in the “ready” position. One of the greatest challenges facing new college graduates is lack of preparation and planning to pursue career opportunities. Career fairs and career services are here to help.
- Avoid opportunity cost: Registration is easy, and participation isn’t a steep time commitment, but missing a rare opportunity like this is potentially very costly.
- Improve your resume: It’s the first thing most companies will see when you inquire about employment. Recruitment professionals will help you build a stronger resume to land interview requests.
- Get your money’s worth: This is a free event, but its value is enormous. Where else can you connect with the most respected companies in your field all in one place?
The fall semester career fairs are brought to you by the Office for Student Success and are a partnership between the Career and Co-op Office in the College of Engineering; the Graham Office of Career Management in the UK Gatton College of Business and Economics; UK College of Agriculture, Food and Environment; and the Stuckert Career Center.
At the University of Kentucky, students are at the center of all that we do. From the moment you become a Wildcat through graduation and beyond, the Office for Student Success is committed to supporting you. Comprised of five areas and 25 units, together, they have one vision — to help students live a life of meaning. Student Success works through an equitable, holistic and inclusive lens to design and deliver unparalleled services and support a diverse community of learners in achieving their wildest ambitions. In the Office for Student Success this is what we do — this is who we are. You can explore resources available to you here. If you have additional questions, you can reach a Student Success team member by calling the helpline 859-218-YouK (9685).