LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 26, 2015) — International students and scholars at the University of Kentucky will soon be able to submit requests and access various services by submitting e-forms online through the UK International Center’s new iCAT system.
International students and scholars can access iCAT from their myUK account information page or from the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) Web page. International students and scholars can use their myUK credentials to log in to the iCAT system.
According to Elizabeth Leibach, director of International Student and Scholar Services, students and scholars never had access to e-forms before iCAT. “In the past students and scholars were required to enter information through a fillable form which they printed from the International Center’s website and hand delivered in person or by attaching to an email,” Leibach said.
With iCAT, students and scholars can type their information directly into the system. ISSS staff then review it and either accept or request additional information.
“This new system will simplify the process of requesting services and maintaining immigration status for our students and scholars,” said Leibach.
International students and scholars will interface with the iCAT system for a variety of services including the ability to:
- Enter, view and update information submitted to International Student and Scholar Services
- Submit electronic form requests for program extensions, travel signatures, driver’s license requests, reduced course load authorization, H-1B employee requests, J-1 exchange scholar requests, etc.
- Complete the new student check-in process online
- Register for programs, events, or workshops offered by UKIC
- Receive alerts and emails on file that require action
- Access tax preparation software without the use of an access code
The iCAT system can help incoming international students with the pre-arrival process. It provides a checklist of steps to complete prior to their departure. The system also supports the hiring process for UK international faculty and staff members.
“International faculty and staff members who are hired by UK require assistance with obtaining work authorization so they can be employed by UK,” Leibach said. “iCAT will help to streamline the international hiring process of UK’s campus.”
Access iCAT here.
MEDIA CONTACT: Blair Hoover, email@example.com