Fine Arts Institute Offers Fall Classes for Adults
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 14, 2012) — The University of Kentucky Fine Arts Institute is gearing up for their fall 2012 classes and workshops. The institute is offering an array of artistic courses, which are open to the public and great for anyone looking to stimulate their creative juices. Tailored for working adults, with classes beginning in the early evening, the institute has plenty of options for beginners to more advanced artists.
The UK Fine Arts Institute offers classes three times a year with class topics ranging anywhere from Photoshop to woodworking. There are also weekend workshop options available to fit anyone's busy schedule. This fall there will be eight weekly classes as well as seven one-day workshops to choose from. The classes meet either once or twice a week on weeknights and some offer multiple session options. The location of the courses varies by subject and include the Lucille C. Little Fine Arts Library and Learning Computer Lab, Reynolds Building, Fine Arts Building or Bread Box Artists' Studios.
Upcoming classes being offered are:
· "Beginning Photoshop" with Lennon Michalski, 6-9 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, beginning Sept. 24;
· "Advanced Photoshop and Adobe Programs" with Michalski, 6-9 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, beginning Nov. 5;
· "Ceramics" with Jill Stofer, 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays, beginning Sept. 18;
· "Woodworking" with Lynn Sweet, 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays, beginning Sept. 18;
· "Beginning Metal Working" with Jeremy Colbert, 6-9 p.m. Thursdays, beginning Sept. 20;
· "Beginning to Draw" with Christine Kuhn, 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays, beginning Sept. 18;
· "Beginning to Paint" with Kuhn, 6-9 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning Sept.19; and
· "Spilling Paint" with Kuhn, 6-9 p.m. Mondays, beginning Sept. 17.
This semester's one-day workshops include:
· "Digital Photography One-Day Composition and Creativity Workshops" with Michalski, presented on Sept. 16, Oct. 6 or Nov. 17;
· "Advanced Digital Photography and Studio Lighting" with Michalski and Shelly Petty, presented on Sept. 23, Oct. 7 or Nov. 11;
· "Everything You Need to Know to Start Drawing NOW!" with Kuhn, presented on Nov. 10;
· "Art as Spiritual Practice Workshop" with Kuhn, presented on Oct. 6;
· "Figure Drawing Intensive Workshop" with Kuhn, presented on Oct. 20;
· "Living a Layered Life: Felting and Shibori Dyeing Workshops" with Laverne Zabielski, presented on Sept. 18, Sept. 23, Sept. 25, Sept. 30, Oct. 2, Nov. 6 or Nov. 13; and
· "Getting Started in Encaustic Workshop" with Kuhn, presented on Sept. 22.
Also this fall, the Fine Arts Institute will offer a special weekly open drawing session with Anthony Roccanova, 9 a.m. to noon on Saturdays.
For more information on any of these classes or workshops or to read more about instructors, class costs and times, visit the institute online at:
The Fine Arts Institute is an outreach program at the UK School of Art and Visual Studies in the UK College of Fine Arts. It shows all the resources and classrooms that the department has to offer through noncredit art classes. All courses and workshops are open to the public and not restricted to students of the university.
Registration for UK Fine Arts Institute courses is available by visiting http://www.uky.edu/FineArts/Art/FineArtsInstitute/registration3.html, by calling the institute at (859) 257-8151, or by emailing Jane Andrus at email@example.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Whitney Hale, (859) 257-8716 or firstname.lastname@example.org