Gatton College to Host Citigroup Whistleblower on Friday, Oct. 28
LEXINGTON, Ky., (Oct. 27, 2016) — Citigroup whistleblower Richard Bowen will be on the University of Kentucky campus on Friday (Oct. 28) to share his story with students, faculty and staff at the Gatton College of Business and Economics. Bowen’s presentation is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. in the college’s Kincaid Auditorium. Admission is free and members of the community are welcome to attend.
Bowen will discuss his effort to warn Citigroup about the possibility of a financial crisis due to faulty mortgage loans before the market officially crashed in 2008.
Following Bowen’s talk, students will take part in their choice of five different breakout sessions to be led by the following individuals:
· Alfonzo D. Alexander, president of the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy's Center for the Public Trust, on ethics;
· Darrell Ratliff, special agent (ret.) for the U.S. Department of the Treasury, on Treasury special investigations;
· Gary Smith, president and CEO of Kentucky Trailer, on servant leadership;
· Kourtney Nett, certified public accountant (CPA) and director of Risk Advisory Services, and Brad Smith, CPA and director of Assurance Services, at Mountjoy Chilton Medley, on fraud; and
· Paul Fiorelli, co-director of Cintas Institute for Business Ethics at Xavier University, on "Why Good Accountants Do Bad Things."
CPAs who attend this event are eligible for 2 CPE (continuing professiona education) hours of ethics credit.
The Von Allmen School of Accountancy and the Gatton College appreciate the support of the sponsors for this event, including Blue & Co., Crowe Horwath, Dean Dorton Allen Ford, EY, KyCPA, Mountjoy Chilton Medley LLP and UK MBA Programs.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue
MEDIA CONTACTS: Carl Nathe, 859-257-3200, firstname.lastname@example.org; Ann Mary Quarandillo, 859-257-0750, email@example.com