Stuckert Career Center Offering CareerShift Technology
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Jan. 30, 2013) — The University of Kentucky James W. Stuckert Career Center is now making available to the university community the online resource CareerShift, as part of its mission to bring the campus the best resources available to help in a job search. The website makes it easier for job seekers to conduct and organize their job search.
CareerShift’s set of tools and applications provide a rare opportunity to job seekers. While other Web services provide bits and pieces of the job search process, CareerShift provides an easy-to-use approach for bringing all these parts together to crack the “hidden job market” and for managing the job search all in one place.
"Every time I have shown this system to a student, 100 percent of the time they were surprised and thrilled about its capabilities in helping them find a job or internship," said Azetta Beatty, senior assistant director at the Stuckert Career Center. "They instantly became hopeful in their job search efforts."
With CareerShift, a job seeker can:
· search, store and record job listings at all publically posted job boards, company websites and newspapers;
· get inside contact information immediately, including email addresses, for millions of companies, even alumni, then save and manage lists;
· upload/copy and paste as many targeted resumes and cover letters needed or upload current documents;
· work with career services to create and save unlimited email campaigns with saved contacts, resumes and cover letters or use the resources for the foundation of a postal campaign;
· share job and company info via social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, in addition to standard email; and
· utilize a calendar to keep notes of job search activities and set reminders for follow-ups.
Once an account is created, CareerShift users can access their account from anywhere at any time.
The Stuckert Career Center, part of the UK Division of Undergraduate Education, strives to provide students with enriching and educational programs to enhance their working experience and employment opportunities. For more information on CareerShift or any other services, contact the center at 859-257-2746, email@example.com, or online at www.uky.edu/careercenter/.
MEDIA CONTACT: Whitney Hale, (859) 257-8716 or firstname.lastname@example.org