LEXINGTON, Ky. (Aug. 24, 2012) — The University of Kentucky is coming to a town near you.
Faculty and staff from numerous colleges and departments at UK will spend the next several weeks traveling across the Commonwealth and to select cities in neighboring states during upcoming UK "see blue." Preview Nights.
The Office of Undergraduate Admission and University Registrar, along with various departments and colleges across campus, will send representatives to set up these special events in 21 different communities throughout the state and region.
Staff members will share what UK has to offer and take prospective UK students through the ins and outs of applying.
"Preview Nights are an exciting opportunity to catch the spirit of being a UK Wildcat," said Brian Troyer, director of undergraduate recruitment at UK. "The University of Kentucky is so proud of the wealth of opportunities it provides students, and a Preview Night is a unique opportunity to learn about all of those opportunities in one place."
Students attending the community events will be able to visit various booths to learn how the university fits in with their goals and interests for the future.
"Preview Nights are very valuable because we are able to take UK to the student by covering all aspects of the enrollment process from visiting campus to applying for admission, financial aid, and scholarships," said Don Witt, associate provost for enrollment management. "We are able to showcase what really sets UK apart, all of the outstanding academic offerings, with more than 200 majors. In addition, we are able to promote many areas including Undergraduate Research, Housing, AMSTEMM, the Honors Program, Living Learning Programs, and Education Abroad, to name a few."
At Preview Nights, students and their families will have the opportunity to talk with faculty, staff and current students about academic programs, campus activities and student life.
Here is the schedule for upcoming UK Preview Nights:
- St. Louis, Aug. 27, The Chase Park Plaza, 212 North Kingshighway Blvd.
- Paducah, Aug. 28, Luther F. Carson Four Rivers Center, 100 Kentucky Ave.
- Hopkinsville, Aug. 29, James E. Bruce Convention Center, 303 Conference Center Drive
- Owensboro, Aug. 30, RiverPark Center, 101 Daviess Street
- Lexington, Sept. 4, Lexington Convention Center, 430 West Vine St.
- Elizabethtown, Sept. 5, State Theater, 209 West Dixie Ave.
- Bowling Green, Sept. 6, Holiday Inn University Plaza, 1021 Wilkinson Trace
- Somerset, Sept. 10, The Center for Rural Development, 2292 S. Hwy 27
- Pikeville, Sept. 11, Eastern Kentucky Expo Center, 126 Main Street
- Ashland, Sept. 12, Paramount Arts Ctr., 1300 Winchester Ave.
- Northern Kentucky, Sept. 13, Northern KY Convention Center, 1 West RiverCenter Blvd., Covington
- Dayton, Ohio, Sept. 19, The Mandalay Banquet Center, 2700 East River Rd.
- Columbus, Ohio, Sept. 20, Hilton Columbus at Easton, 3900 Chagrin Drive
- Louisville, Sept. 24, Kentucky Expo Center, 937 Phillips Lane
- Nashville, Sept. 27, The Factory at Franklin, 230 Franklin Road, Franklin, Tenn.
- Atlanta, Oct. 1, Hilton Atlanta/Marietta, 500 Powder Springs St., Marietta, Ga.
- Chicago, Oct. 8, Hotel Arista, 2139 City Gate Lane, Naperville, Ill.
- Indianapolis, Oct. 10, Ritz Charles 12156 N. Meridian Street, Carmel, Ind.
- Maysville, Oct. 11, Mason County High School, 1320 U.S. 68
- Fairfax, Oct. 15, Marriott Fairfax at Fair Oaks, 11787 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, Fair Oaks, Va.
- Cleveland, Oct. 18, Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Mayfield Village, 700 Beta Drive, Mayfield Village, Ohio
All UK Preview Nights begin at 7 p.m. local time according to each location's time zone. Click on the name of an individual location for directions. For further questions, please visit www.applyuk.com, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (859) 257-7151.
To keep up with all the latest news and information you'll need as a future Wildcat, be sure to check out all of the UK Admissions social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and Tumblr. You can also check out UK photos on Instagram by searching @seeblue! And, be sure to share your UK-related photos with us at #seeblue.
MEDIA CONTACT: Keith Hautala, (859) 323-2396; email@example.com