LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 5, 2019) — University of Kentucky Libraries is now accepting applications for 2019-20 Undergraduate Peer Tutor Internships. This internship opportunity will provide students advanced research experience in a work setting with additional mentoring and coaching from professionals.
The students selected to receive this internship will participate in, develop, and/or lead library-related and/or library-sponsored projects and activities that develop research and critical thinking skills in their area of studies or interest through assisting peers with research. Through this internship, students will:
- Acquire expertise in the academic resources of their major discipline, as well as general research tools and resources.
- Gain experience in research assistance.
- Assist other students with research needs through drop-in assistance, consultation and instruction.
- Assist with and provide feedback on the development of tutorials and other instructional materials.
- Participate in student outreach activities including K Week, resource fairs, UK Libraries’ special events, residence hall activities and other student success events.
- Design and implement an outreach event, under the supervision of the undergraduate outreach coordinator.
- Assist with improving the design of the internship program and training of future interns.
Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors may apply for this internship. To see requirements and read more on compensation, visit http://libguides.uky.edu/peertutor/requirements.
Students interested in the 2019-20 Undergraduate Peer Tutor Internship at UK Libraries should submit an application and recommendation by March 29, 2019. The application form can be found here: https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9SKnGU1ZAv6YZMh.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue