LEXINGTON, Ky. (June 27, 2019) — After being recognized as 2019 Google Cloud CoSIDA Academic All-District At-Large first-team honorees last month, Kentucky swimmers Asia Seidt and Bowen Anderson, as well as gymnast Alex Hyland, recently were each selected as Google Cloud CoSIDA Academic All-Americans.
Seidt, one of 12 national repeat honorees from last season’s women’s at-large teams, added a 2019 first-team distinction to a third-team recognition from a year ago. Anderson joined Seidt with a first-team selection of his own on the men’s side, while Hyland earned third-team status for the women.
The at-large teams for the Google Cloud Academic All-America program include the sports of fencing, golf, gymnastics, ice hockey, lacrosse, rifle, skiing, swimming and diving, tennis and water polo for both men and women, beach volleyball, bowling, field hockey and rowing for women, and volleyball and wrestling for men.
- 4.0 GPA in kinesiology
- 16-time NCAA All-America, including eight First Team All-America honors (leads the program, male or female)
- 2019 NCAA Elite 90 recipient
- 2019 Southeastern Conference (SEC) Scholar-Athlete of the Year
- 2017-18, 2018-19 USA Swimming National Team
- 2018, 2019 USA World University Games Team
- 2017, 2018, 2019 All-SEC First Team
- 2017, 2018, 2019 SEC Champion in 200 Backstroke
- 2018 SEC Champion in 100 Backstroke
- 2018, 2019 SEC Winter Academic Honor Roll
- 2018 CoSIDA Academic All-America Third Team
- 2017 SEC Freshman Female Swimmer of the Year
- 2017 SEC All-Freshman Team
- 2017 SEC First Year Academic Honor Roll
- 3.98 GPA in biology (pre-med student)
- Combined for 183.5 hours in volunteer experience as a student-athlete
- 2019 SEC Boyd McWhorter Post-Graduate Scholarship Award nominee
- Elected to 2018 UK Athletics’ Frank G. Ham Society of Character
- 2018 Omicron Kappa Delta National Leadership and Honor Society
- Annual recipient of UK Heritage Scholarship
- 2017, 2018, 2019 SEC Winter Academic Honor Roll
- 2016 SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll
- 2016 U.S. Olympic Trials qualifier
- 3.94 GPA in kinesiology
- Two-time 2019 second-team Women's Collegiate Gymnastics Association (WCGA) All-America (beam, all-around)
- 2019 second-team WCGA Regular Season All-America (all-around)
- 2019 All-SEC (beam)
- 2019 SEC Co-Scholar Athlete of the Year
- Finished 2019 regular season as nation's No. 16 all-around performer
For the latest on the Kentucky gymnastics team, follow @UKGymnastics on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For the latest on the Kentucky swimming and diving program, follow @UKSwimDive on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Follow both programs on the web at https://UKAthletics.com.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion two years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. The Chronicle of Higher Education judged us a “Great College to Work for,” and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for three straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.