LEXINGTON, Ky. (June 26, 2017) — Only five days remain to turn in applications for the University of Kentucky Libraries new Undergraduate Peer Tutor Internship. This internship opportunity will provide students with work experience, with additional mentoring and coaching from information professionals. Submissions are due Friday, June 30.
The student selected to receive this internship will participate in, develop, and/or lead library-related and/or library-sponsored projects and activities that develop research and critical thinking skills in their area of studies or interest through assisting peers with research. Through this internship, students will:
- acquire expertise in the academic resources of their major discipline as well as general research tools and resources;
- gain experience in research assistance;
- assist other students with research needs through drop-in assistance, consultation and instruction;
- assist with and provide feedback on the development of tutorials and other instructional materials;
- participate in student outreach activities including K Week, resource fairs, the Library Information Desk, activities related to family weekend and residence halls and other student success events;
- assist with improving the design of the internship program and training of future interns; and
- produce a final project that incorporates research in the intern’s major discipline or a suitable research project in another field.
Sophomores, juniors and seniors may apply for this internship. To see requirements and read more on compensation, visit http://libguides.uky.edu/peertutor/requirements.
Students interested in the 2017-18 Undergraduate Peer Tutor Internship at UK Libraries should turn in an application and recommendation by June 30. These forms can be found online here: http://libguides.uky.edu/peertutor/apply.
Applications for the 2017-18 Undergraduate Peer Tutor Internship can be mailed to:
William T. Young Library
University of Kentucky
500 South Limestone
Lexington, KY 40506-0456
Applications may also be submitted by fax to 859-257-0505 (Attn: Debbie Sharp) or emailed to Sharp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the premier research library in the Commonwealth, UK Libraries provides ever-expanding access to quality information resources, services and programs. UK Libraries locations include the William T. Young Library, the Agricultural Information Center, the Hunter M. Adams College of Design Library, the Education Library, the John A. Morris Library (Gluck Equine Research Center), the Kentucky Transportation Center Library, the Lucille C. Little Fine Arts Library and Learning Center, the Medical Center Library, the Science and Engineering Library and the Special Collections Research Center.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue