LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 29, 2021) — The University of Kentucky Alumni Association invites all December 2021 graduates to take part in Grad Salute, Oct. 11-12. The times are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 11, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 12, in the Bill Gatton Student Center Harris Ballroom.
UK's December Commencement ceremony will take place Friday, Dec. 17, at Rupp Arena at Central Bank Center.
Grad Salute is the perfect opportunity for graduates to finalize all their UK Commencement needs in one stop. Representatives will be on hand to assist students in making final graduation selections in the following areas:
- Get measured for and purchase an official custom cap, gown and tassel.
- Verify there are no stops or holds on graduation records.
- Obtain career advice and discuss employment opportunities.
- Register to participate in the UK Commencement ceremony and answer any questions about graduation.
- Receive information on student loans during exit counseling.
- Order an official University of Kentucky class ring.
- Take a headshot with a professional photographer (sitting fee waived).
- Purchase a University of Kentucky diploma frame.
- Order official personalized graduation announcements.
- Make a gift to any UK fund of $25 or more to become an active member of the UK Alumni Association.
- Be part of a new UK tradition and order a Wildcat Alumni Plaza Paver.
For the health and safety of all participants, students should preregister at www.ukalumni.net/gradsalute and select the day and time they plan to attend. They will also be entered to win a prize.
For more information about the UK Commencement ceremony, visit https://commencement.uky.edu/.
The UK Alumni Association is committed to fostering lifelong engagement among alumni, friends, the association and the university. For more information about the UK Alumni Association, visit www.ukalumni.net or call 800-269-2586.
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $476.5 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.