LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 2, 2023) — The University of Kentucky Alumni Association invites all May 2023 graduates to take part in Grad Salute 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday, March 6-9, in the Gatton Student Center Harris Ballroom.
May 2023 Commencement Ceremonies are scheduled for Friday, May 5 and Saturday, May 6, at Rupp Arena at Central Bank Center.
Grad Salute allows graduates to finalize UK Commencement needs in one convenient location. Representatives will be in house to assist students with:
- Ordering your custom cap, gown and tassel with measurements to ensure the right fit.
- Verifying no stops or holds on your graduation records that could delay commencement.
- Obtaining career advice and discussing employment opportunities.
- Registering for the Commencement ceremony.
- Answering questions about graduation.
- Receiving information about student loan management.
- Ordering an official University of Kentucky class ring.
- Taking a complimentary headshot with a professional photographer (sitting fee waived).
- Purchasing a University of Kentucky diploma frame.
- Ordering official personalized graduation announcements.
- Becoming an Active Member of the UK Alumni Association through a $25 gift to a fund of your choice.
- Ordering a Wildcat Alumni Plaza Paver.
Students should register for Grad Salute to allow representatives to better assist with these needs. Additionally, registered students are eligible to win prizes.
Information about UK Commencement ceremonies can be found at commencement.uky.edu.
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $476.5 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.