LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 13, 2019) — Mark your calendar for EdTalks 2019, which takes place 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, at The Burl, 375 Thompson Road in Lexington. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., and snacks will be provided.
This free community event features University of Kentucky College of Education faculty members giving brief talks on issues impacting education. This year’s theme is "Building Partnerships with Sustainable Impacts."
Topics and speakers are:
- Physical Activity Interventions to Enhance Learning: Lessons Learned in School Settings, Alicia Fedewa, School Psychology;
- Oh the Places You Will Go: What Young Children Need in Order to Get There, Jennifer Grisham-Brown, Early Childhood Education;
- Literacy and Math Embedded Experience: A Clinical Site Partnership, Joni Meade, Elementary Education; Cindy Jong, UK STEM Education; and Jennifer Hutchison, Picadome Elementary;
- Leading from Within, Building from Without, Brett Criswell, STEM Education; Katherine Bullock, The Living Arts & Science Center; and Joseph Caldwell, STEM Education graduate student;
- Partnership for Public Engagement and Its Evaluation in Higher Education, Eric Thomas Weber, Educational Policy Studies and Evaluation;
- Bringing Sex Ed Outside of School to Facilitate Sustainable Change, Kristen Mark, Kinesiology and Health Promotion; and
- Exiting the Race to the Bottom: Finding Renewal through Partners in Our Own Community, John Nash, Educational Leadership Studies.
To see past EdTalks, visit www.education.uky.edu/edtalks.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue