LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 6, 2018) — The University of Kentucky Alumni Association, Fayette County Cooperative Extension Services and UK Human Resources Staff Career Development are pleased to announce Job Club’s 2018 fall schedule.
The purpose of the Central Kentucky Job Club is to provide a positive environment for motivated job seekers to meet, connect, share and learn. The free group is open to the public and meets the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at the Fayette County Cooperative Extension Services office, located at 1140 Harry Sykes Way in Lexington. Business attire is encouraged. Convenient, free parking is available.
Job Club is for individuals who are motivated and currently out of work, underemployed or looking to make a career transition. In addition, recruiters and employers are always welcome and introduced to Job Club attendees. For more information, call the UK Alumni Association at 859-257-8905, the Fayette County Cooperative Extension Services office at 859-257-5582 or the UK Human Resources Staff Career Development office at 859-257-9416. Additional information, including testimonials from former Job Club participants, can be viewed at: www.ukalumni.net/jobclub.
The Job Club fall meeting schedule is as follows:
- Sept. 11: Job Search Strategies that Work, presented by Caroline Francis, UK Alumni Career Services;
- Sept. 25: The Bluegrass Economy: Where We Are and Where We’re Going, presented by Ryan Kaffenberger, research director, Commerce Lexington;
- Oct. 9: How to Write the Perfect Resume and Cover Letter, presented by Lisa James, division director at Robert Half;
- Oct. 23: Preparing for Your Next Interview, presented by Caroline Francis, UK Alumni Career Services (free resume critiques immediately following Job Club for attendees);
- Nov. 13: Building A Career on Your Strengths, presented by Michelle Jones, UK training specialist;
- Nov. 27: Working on Mysteries Without Many Clues: Networking to Find Your Place, presented by Dwayne Buckles, business development consultant; and
- Dec. 11: "Optimizing LinkedIn for Your Job Search: LinkedIn is Changing!", presented by Michael Gililland, Not Average Media co-founder and development partner.
*Snow Policy: If Fayette County Public Schools are closed or on a delay, Job Club will not meet.
The UK Alumni Association is a membership supported organization committed to fostering lifelong engagement among alumni, friends, the association and the university. For more information about the UK Alumni Association or to become a member, visit www.ukalumni.net or call 1-800-269-2586.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue