LEXINGTON, Ky. (Nov. 23, 2022) — In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday this week, hours at some UK Retail Pharmacy locations will change. As always, Chandler Retail Pharmacy will remain open for the holiday. The pharmacy is open 24 hours a day every day and NEVER CLOSES. Chandler Retail Pharmacy is located on the first floor of Chandler Pavilion A behind the gift shop. Staff at Chandler Retail Pharmacy can access all prescriptions in the Retail Pharmacy system, regardless of which location the prescription was routed to.
- The Apothecary, at UK Gatton Student Center, will be open 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 23, and then will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- UK Good Samaritan Retail Pharmacy, located just off the main entrance of UK Good Samaritan Hospital, will be closed Thanksgiving Day, but will be open 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 25.
- UK Fountain Court Retail Pharmacy, 245 Fountain Court, will be closed Thanksgiving Day, but will be open 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday.
- Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy, University Health Service Pharmacy, Turfland Retail Pharmacy and Bluegrass Clinic Pharmacy will be closed Thursday and Friday, Nov. 24-25.
- The UK PharmacistCare Clinic, 245 Fountain Court Room 220, will also be closed Thursday and Friday.
- Meds to Beds will operate from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. at Chandler and Good Samaritan. Both will have normal hours on Friday, Nov. 25.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion four years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for five straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.