LEXINGTON, Ky. (Jan. 22, 2019) – In an effort to better serve patients and the community, UK HealthCare's Chandler Retail Pharmacy is moving to 24-hour service seven days a week. The new hours begin this evening.
The pharmacy, located in University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital Pavilion A behind the gift shop, offers:
- Convenient mail-order service.
- $4 drug program, offering 30-day supplies of many medications for just $4. (See ukpharmacy.org for a list of eligible medications.)
- Online prescription refills.
- Medication therapy management.
- Flu shots and other vaccines administered on site.
- Tobacco-cessation support.
- Half off most prescription copays for UK-HMO members.
- Expert pharmacists who can answer questions about medications.
Those who need a prescription filled after hours, including those who visit UK's Pediatric Twilight Clinic or emergency departments, will now have a safe, convenient option right here at UK HealthCare – no more late-night runs across town with a sick child or family member to find an all-night pharmacy. UK Chandler Hospital is always open and security is always present, so customers can have peace of mind.
The pharmacy accepts prescriptions written by any provider – not just those at UK HealthCare – and accepts most insurance plans.
Chandler Retail Pharmacy staff will also be able to refill prescriptions previously filled at any other UK HealthCare Retail Pharmacy locations: Kentucky Clinic, University Health Service, Good Samaritan and Turfland.
For more information about UK HealthCare's retail pharmacies, call 859-218-3340 or visit ukpharmacy.org.