LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 28, 2018) — Four candidates for the dean of the University of Kentucky's College of Engineering position will be on the UK campus throughout February and March.
The search committee has selected four finalists, each of whom will visit the UK campus to participate in open forums and meet with constituent groups in the UK community. Names and curricula vitae for these individuals will be posted on the search website 48 business hours in advance of their forums.
After the forums, UK community members will have the opportunity to submit feedback through a webform, posted on the website. The forums will take place at the following dates and times:
- Candidate A Open Forum: 4-5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 28, in the Multipurpose Room, 108C, in the basement of the William T. Young Library;
- Candidate B Open Forum: 4-5 p.m. Thursday, March 1, in Woodward Hall, Room 307, in the Gatton College Building;
- Candidate C Open Forum: 4-5 p.m. Monday, March 5, in Woodward Hall, Room 307, in the Gatton College Building; and
- Candidate D Open Forum: 4-5 p.m. Tuesday, March 20, location TBD.
Search committee members include:
- Kim Anderson, associate dean of academics, College of Engineering, co-chair
- Janie Heath, dean, College of Nursing, co-chair
- John Balk, Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Sebastian Bryson, Department of Civil Engineering
- Tony Colella, College of Engineering
- Joe Crabtree, Kentucky Transportation Center
- Sonja Feist-Price, vice president for institutional diversity
- Janet Lumpp, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Margaret Mohr-Schroeder, College of Education, Department of STEM Education
- Landon Mott, doctoral student in chemical engineering
- Tom Novak, Department of Mining Engineering
- David Pienkowski, Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Stan Pigman, community representative
- Michael Sama, Department of Biosystems Engineering
- Scott Stephens, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Mirek Truszczynski, Department of Computer Science
- Ben Wells, student representative
The search is being supported by UK’s Executive Search Team. For further information about the search process or to nominate a potential candidate, please contact Mary Beth Bracken at 859-257-3348 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue