LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 16, 2017) — We are bombarded with messages to "eat right," but sometimes don't know where to begin.
What better place to learn than in a hospital?
At 4 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 16, Chandler Dining will host another "Chefs in Action," a free, live cooking demonstration that shares techniques and recipes aimed to inspire the healthy eater.
The event is held the third Thursday of every month in the Chandler Dining facility on the first floor of Chandler Hospital's Pav. A.
In honor of American Heart Month, Chandler Dining chefs Pete Combs and Justin Clark, along with registered dietitians Jill Haeberlin and Katie Lewis, will demonstrate heart healthy recipes, including:
- Flaxseed Hummus with Almond Crackers, Jicama, Rainbow Peppers, and Carrot
- Three Bean Salsa with Avocado, Tomato, and Cucumber Chips
- Roasted Butternut Squash Boat with Asparagus, Ginger, Almond, and Wild Mushrooms
- Rainbow Trout stuffed with Fuji Apple, Walnuts, Spinach, and Raisin with Orange Saffron Sauce
- Raspberry Banana and Dark Chocolate Bites
Free samples will be available for tasting.
"UK HealthCare is not just about medicine; it's about health," said J.J. Housley, enterprise director of operations for UK HealthCare. "The Chandler Dining facility – and the "Chefs in Action" series – was conceived as a means to share that point of view with patients and visitors."
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue