LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 8, 2022) — In the interest of safety, the University of Kentucky Police Department has issued the following Crime Bulletin for the UK community.
The University of Kentucky Police Department (UKPD) received the following information in reference to an attempted robbery that took place near the University of Kentucky campus. UKPD is currently investigating this case.
- At approximately 10:22 p.m. on Monday, March 7, 2022, a robbery was reported in the area of South Limestone and Prall Street, just across from the University of Kentucky Campus. A female was approached by an unknown individual who brandished a pistol and demanded money. The victim immediately took off running and entered a local establishment while the suspect and another individual in the area ran westbound on Prall towards Winnie Street.
University of Kentucky Police Department has issued this Crime Bulletin for the UK Community in compliance with the “Timely Notice” provision of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.
If anyone has any information regarding this incident, please contact UK Police at (859) 257-8573.
The University of Kentucky values a safe community for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors. In the interest of promoting a safe and secure campus environment, UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
- If you see something, say something. For emergencies, call 911
- Report any suspicious activities in or around your building to UKPD
- Lock all windows and doors while away
- Make sure that all lights, door locks, and window locks are in proper working order
- Maintain a thorough record of your valuables, including photographs, serial numbers, makes, and models, etc.
- Make sure that all doors are locked while inside your vehicle