Exhibit Focuses on UK Photography Students' Work
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 20, 2013) — Photography students at University of Kentucky School of Art and Visual Studies will be presenting their annual exhibition "The Advance Photo Show" through March 1 at the Barnhart Gallery, located in Reynolds Building No. 1. The show features work by the advanced undergraduate and graduate students in the school's photography program. The opening reception for the exhibition will be held from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21.
The juror of this year's exhibit is Professor of Art Kurt Gohde from Transylvania University. Gohde earned his master's degree from Syracuse University and bachelor's degree from New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred University. He has taught sculpture, photography and digital imaging, among other subjects. Gohde has also earned many prestigious awards including the 2013 Henry Clay Ambassador, which recognizes Lexington citizens who have made significant contributions to the local community.
Each year, awards for this photography exhibition are sponsored by local resident Joe Clark and local business Murphy’s Camera.
Featured student artists in this year's exhibition are:
- graduate student Abdul Al-Jumaily, of Lexington;
- art studio senior Lexie Bertrams, of Naperville, Ill.;
- communication senior Adam Chaffins, of Harold, Ky.;
- graduate student Michelle Daigle, of Waddy, Ky.;
- mining engineering senior Ian Hamilton, of Manchester, Ky.;
- graduate student Michael Hamilton, of Manchester;
- graduate student Lora Hufton, of Lexington;
- graduate student Trey Jolly, of Hazard, Ky.;
- art studio senior Aimee Mahon, of Weston, Mass.;
- graduate student David Martin, of Hebron, Ky.;
- graduate student Mayuresh Moghe, of Pune, Maharashtra, India;
- art studio senior Kim Parker, of Richmond, Ky.;
- media arts and studies senior Vincent Purcell, of Lexington;
- art studio senior Roya Ramezankhani, of Lexington;
- art studio senior Shamaria Rankin, of Louisville, Ky.;
- art studio and English senior Heather Sims, of Rineyville, Ky.; and
- art studio senior Ashley Thacker, of Jenkins, Ky.
The UK School of Art and Visual Studies in the UK College of Fine Arts is an accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in the fields of art studio, art history and visual studies, and art education.
MEDIA CONTACT: Whitney Hale, (859) 257-8716 or firstname.lastname@example.org