LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 14, 2013) — Valentine's Day is a day to show those around you how much you love them. We think that day should extend to your university! And if you show UK a little love, you might just get a little love back in the form of an iPad!
UK's Office of Undergraduate Admission is sponsoring the "Share the UK Love" contest today on Valentine's Day and is asking currently enrolled, full-time UK students to share their status on Facebook or tweet why they love UK on Valentine's Day. To participate is easy:
- Go to www.facebook.com/universityofkentuckyadmissions and like the page
- Post on Facebook a status about why you love UK between the hours of midnight and 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 14.
- You must tag "University of Kentucky Admissions" in your post.
- Example status: I love all of the opportunities to be involved at UK! @University of Kentucky Admissions
- Tweet a message about why you love UK between the hours of midnight and 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 14
- You must mention @UKYAdmission in your tweet
- Example tweet: I love being a Wildcat! @UKYAdmission
All entries will be then be placed in a random drawing to win an iPad. To qualify, you must be a full-time, currently enrolled UK student (enrollment will be verified) and the rules listed above must be followed exactly. An entry will be given for a Facebook post and a Twitter post, for a maximum of two (2) entries per participant. Winners will be announced on Friday, Feb. 22, on the UK Admissions Facebook page at www.facebook.com/universityofkentuckyadmissions. Winners will also be notified via email using their official university email address.
Students are also encouraged to like the University of Kentucky Admissions' Facebook page and follow @UKYAdmission on Twitter.