LEXINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 21, 2010) - University of Kentucky Board of Trustees Chairman Britt Brockman has completed naming the Presidential Search Committee with the appointment of a member of UK's staff. Bart Miller, who is employed by Human Resources' Office of Employee Benefits and is a former Staff Senate chair, will serve on the committee.
Brockman made the selection from a field of three staff senators who were finalists in an election process conducted by the University of Kentucky Staff Senate.
Other search committee members appointed last week include:
Board of Trustee Members
• Jim Stuckert, chair of the search committee
• Jo Hern Curris
• Pamela May
• Everett McCorvey
• Billy Joe Miles
• Terry Mobley
• Myra Tobin
• Sheldon Steiner, Department of Biology, College of Arts and Sciences
• Hollie Swanson, Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, College of Medicine and University Senate chair
• Lee Meyer, Department of Agricultural Economics, College of Agriculture
• Ben Taylor Cox, undergraduate
• Ryan Smith, graduate student and Student Government president
At last week's Board of Trustees meeting, Brockman unveiled a timeline aimed at extending an offer to a new president by May 1 with on-campus interviews of three to five finalists in April. Other key target dates include the selection of a search firm and national advertising in December and the selection of semi-finalists and off-campus interviews in February and March.
“This is an incredibly ambitious timeline. We all realize that,” Brockman said. “But the most important thing is ensuring that we do this search right. So, while we will move expeditiously, this committee is committed to finding the right person for this critically important position, regardless of any timelines.”