LEXINGTON, Ky. (Aug. 21, 2017) — The Office of LGBTQ* Resources, in partnership with Feast on Equality, will host the seoncd annual Feast on Equality dinner benefiting the University of Kentucky Office of LGBTQ* Resources.
The sole purpose of Feast on Equality, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, is to raise funds for at-risk LGBT youth by hosting signature fundraising events to engage the community and create awareness surrounding the issues that LGBT youth face.
Feast on Equality will be held the evening of Friday, Dec. 1, at The Carrick House in Lexington. The evening will consist of a cocktail hour, a three-course meal and an engaging program to learn more about the work that is taking place on UK's campus to improve the lives of LGBTQ* students.
To purchase tickets, visit the event page. All proceeds from ticket purchases will directly benefit the Office of LGBTQ* Resources in various efforts including:
- Expanding scholarship opportunities to LGBTQ* students who would not otherwise be able to meet the financial demands of higher education.
- Augmenting regular programming that includes an October LGBTQ* History Month speaker, November Transgender Week of Awareness activities, and Spring UK Pride Week activities.
- Supporting a statewide conference for LGBT student leaders and introducing them to resources and support that will make a difference at college campuses across Kentucky for years to come.
- Launching a study abroad program that specifically focuses on LGBTQ* experiences and providing a substantial scholarship fund to offset the cost of attendance for the first student participants.
- Hiring a graduate assistant to provide additional hands-on support for UK's five LGBTQ* focused student groups, allowing their membership to grow and flourish with additional structured support and advising.
- Promote specific faculty development that continues to increase LGBTQ* related conversations in UK classrooms.
For additional information or questions, contact info@FeastOnEquality.com.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue