LEXINGTON, Ky. (Dec. 15, 2020) — University of Kentucky employees received an email Monday, Dec. 14, from President Eli Capilouto stressing self-care and outlining multiple resources available to employees this winter. Please see the message below.
Throughout the fall semester, you have stretched yourselves to meet the demands of unparalleled challenges, and you have renewed your commitment to our missions of teaching, research, service and care.
You have shown us, repeatedly and unequivocally, that we are a community that cares.
Now, as we prepare for the upcoming holiday season, one which can often cause heightened anxiety and stress, I hope you direct that same sense of compassion and care toward yourself; after all, our people are our most important asset and the reason we can call ourselves the University for Kentucky.
Below are several resources we offer throughout the winter season.
COVID-19 and Flu Resources
- Employees and all members of the community can still be tested at no cost at the two community testing sites at the Blue Lot at Kroger Field and at Eastern State Hospital, located at 1350 Bull Lea Road.
- Our Health Corps remains ready and available to assist with any questions related to COVID-19 screening, testing and tracing. Contact Health Corps at email@example.com or 859-218-SAFE.
- If you are on a UK health insurance plan, you can visit any pharmacy and receive a free flu shot. If you are not on a UK insurance plan, you can receive a free flu shot at any UK HealthCare retail pharmacy or the curbside vaccination clinic at UK HealthCare-Turfland.
Mental Health Resources
- We have multiple options for online mental health support. Our Work+Life Connections therapists are available via Zoom or on the phone at no cost to you. Please remember that asking for help during a period of such distress and anxiety is a sign of strength.
- If you have a UK health insurance plan, you can also talk with a mental health therapist through LiveHealth Online with no co-pay through January 21.
- Staying home for the holidays
- Circle of Control: Tools for the holidays and beyond
- Avoiding isolation
- Identifying feelings and needs
- HR well-being podcast: Giving yourself grace
- Connect with other working parents through the Working Parents Network
- A more comprehensive list of resources can be found here
At the heart of our efforts to be the University of, for and with Kentucky, I am reminded that there is you. There is us. And, when we take care of ourselves, we are stronger.
This is who we are.