LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 26, 2022) — University of Kentucky employees considering retirement soon — or who just want information on retirement — are invited to attend UK Human Resources’ retirement conference events in October.
“The retirement series is a wonderful opportunity for our employees nearing retirement to gain knowledge on areas such as retirement income, health insurance and health and well-being,” said Terri Kanatzar, an HR retirement officer who works one on one with employees preparing to retire and organizes the conference. “One of the most popular sessions is on retirement health benefits. Employees want a better understanding of the retirement eligibility and process, as well as costs of their insurance.”
The sessions for the conference are:
- Tuesday, Oct. 11 — Retirement Health Benefits, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., UK Student Center Harris Ballroom. Attendance is capped at 288 people.
- Wednesday, Oct. 12 — Paying Yourself: Income Options in Retirement, noon-1 p.m., via Zoom.
- Thursday, Oct. 13 — What Can I Expect from Social Security, noon-1 p.m., UK Chandler Hospital Pavilion A Auditorium and via Zoom.
- Monday, Oct. 17 — Planning for Mental Well-Being After Retirement, noon-1 p.m., via Zoom.
- Tuesday, Oct. 18 — STEPS Employment Post-Retirement, noon-1 p.m., via Zoom.
- Wednesday, Oct. 19 — Turn your Retirement Savings into Income, presented by Fidelity, noon-1 p.m., via Zoom.
- Thursday, Oct. 20 — The Road to Debt Consolidation, presented by GreenPath, 1-2 p.m., via Zoom.
Participants can find out more information and register for all events at www.uky.edu/hr/retire.
Those attending in-person events at UK HealthCare should complete a COVID-19 screening survey here.
For more information about retirement planning resources, visit the HR website for retirement planning.
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $476.5 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.