LEXINGTON, Ky. (Aug. 30, 2018) — University of Kentucky Athletics’ Brand and Content work group, featuring the Creative Services, Athletics Communications and Public Relations, Strategic Communication, Photography and Marketing departments, combined to earn nine publications awards from the College Sports Information Directors of America.
UK’s total of nine awards was the third-highest in the nation for the 2017-18 school year. Among the commendations are two for Best in the Nation and three Best Covers. Since 2007, UK has garnered 21 Best in the Nation honors and 20 Best Cover accolades.
UK’s Best in the Nation and Best Cover honors for this year included:
- The volleyball media guide was chosen Best Cover. It was designed by assistant creative director Matt Taylor and photographed by Chet White, with input from Mike Scholze of communications and public relations and Kate Stoess of marketing.
- The UK baseball game program was Best in the Nation in the single-sports program division. It was designed by creative director Brandon Kolditz with assistance from Matt May of communications and public relations and Greg Herbert of marketing.
- Three UK football publications earned first-place honors. Design work was done by Kolditz with compilation/input from Susan Lax and Matt May of communications and PR.
- Best Cover for the spring football guide, with photography by Mark Cornelison.
- Best in the Nation for the spring football media guide in the single-sport guides division.
- Best Cover for the bowl media guide in the postseason guides category.
Additional accolades for UK featured:
- UK baseball was second in the nation in the winter/spring sports poster category. It was designed by Kolditz with input from May and Herbert and photography by Elliott Hess.
- The bowl media guide (Kolditz, Lax and May) also was second place in the postseason guides category.
- The men’s swimming and diving poster was sixth in the nation in the fall sports division. It was designed by Kolditz and photographed by White with input from Karlie Kinneer of communications and public relations and Xavier Humphrey of marketing.
- Volleyball was seventh nationally among fall sports posters. It was designed by Taylor, with input from Scholze and Stoess and photography by White.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue