The Office of the Vice President for Research is hosting a series of workshops designed to help faculty accelerate their research activities and to update the research community on changes in the research infrastructure to facilitate the strategic plan implementation. For more workshops, see the Research Support Guide.
GRANT WRITING WORKSHOP: Friday, February 24, 383 Gatton, 1-5 p.m.
Who should attend: New faculty, anyone who would like an introduction to any of the specific funding agencies, NIH investigators who need to know more about newer NIH grant requirements for rigor and reproducibility. Faculty can stay for all of the sessions or come to the sessions that best fit their interests.
- 1 p.m. Grant Writing Strategies for NIH: Craig Rush, Professor, College of Medicine
- 2 p.m. Changes in Accountability and Rigor for NIH Grants: Greg Gerhardt, Professor, College of Medicine
- 3 p.m. Grant Writing Strategies for NSF: Martha Peterson, Professor, College of Medicine and Senior Associate Vice President for Research
- 4 p.m. Grant Writing Strategies for DOD/DOE: Rodney Andrews, Director, Center for Applied Energy Research (CAER) and Associate Vice President for Research
RECENT CHANGES IN UK RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE: Wednesday, March 1, W.T. Young Library Auditorium, 2-4 p.m.
Who should attend: All faculty who do research should hear about changes in the UK Research infrastructure designed to improve their chances of securing extramural support, while adhering to regulatory guidelines.
- 2:00 p.m. Revised Structure of the Proposal Development Office: Kathy Grzech, Director, Proposal Development Office (PDO)
- 2:20 p.m. Support for Export Control-relevant Research: John Craddock, Export Control, Office of Sponsored Projects Administration (OSPA)
- 2:40 p.m. New Research Grant Submission Software: Kim Carter, Director Office of Sponsored Projects Administration (OSPA)
- 3:00 p.m. New Search Tools to Identify Collaborators: Rodney Andrews, Director, Center for Applied Energy Research (CAER) and Associate Vice President for Research
- 3:20 p.m. Effort Reporting Changes and Tool to Facilitate Reporting: Jennifer Miles, Director, Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA)