LEXINGTON, Ky. (June 18, 2019) — After a successful implementation last year, student tickets for Kentucky football and men’s basketball games will once again be fully mobile in 2019-20.
The student ticketing process was developed based on regular feedback from students asking for mobile ticketing options and easier access to tickets. University of Kentucky Athletics also consulted data from the Southeastern Conference’s annual fan experience surveys, in addition to site visits with peer institutions and meetings with UK Student Government, the Dean of Students Office, the President’s Office and Ticketmaster.
UK is once again partnering with Experience (www.expapp.com/) to provide the mobile student ticketing process. This process will allow students to both purchase and access tickets more easily using a mobile device, meaning they do not have to visit the UK Ticket Office or participate in lotteries to secure tickets. Students will claim mobile tickets to each home game during a designated window through the UK Athletics app.
The following ticketing options are available:
- BBN Student Football Pass ($45) – This season pass will guarantee admission for all home football games in 2019, provided the student claims a ticket during specified windows as well as providing savings versus buying single-game tickets.
- BBN Student Pass ($190) – This season pass will guarantee admission* for all home football and men’s basketball games in 2019-20, provided the student claims a ticket during specified windows. It also comes with a Team Wildcat membership (T-shirt and other membership benefits). Students are also able to purchase the BBN Student Pass through a two-installment, no-interest payment plan. The BBN Student Pass offers significant savings versus buying single-game tickets.
- BBN Student Pass Plus ($215) – This season pass will guarantee admission* for all home football and men’s basketball games in 2019-20, provided the student claims a ticket during specified windows. The price includes a $25 K Fund donation that will come with five K Fund bonus points so students can begin to “Invest In Blue.” In addition to the Team Wildcat membership that comes with the regular BBN Student Pass, the BBN Student Pass Plus comes with a tumbler, access to an exclusive facility tour, and priority access to postseason football and men’s basketball tickets, based on availability. Students are also able to purchase the BBN Student Pass Plus through a two-installment, no-interest payment plan. The BBN Student Pass Plus offers significant savings versus buying single-game tickets.
- Single-Game Tickets ($11) – A limited number of single-game tickets will still be available for purchase for students who do not wish to purchase a season package or are unable to do so. All single-game football and men’s basketball tickets will cost $11 apiece. Guest tickets will still be available after students have access to purchase tickets, based on availability. These are specially priced tickets for guests of UK students that do not require a student ID for admission.
*For select early season and holiday men’s basketball games, admission is not guaranteed; however, pass holders will have priority access to claim tickets.
Admission to all other regular season UK Athletics events besides football and men’s basketball games will remain free. Students will continue to be able to show their valid UK student ID at the entrance for seating in select general admission areas, while supplies last.
Season passes will be available for purchase exclusively online through My UK Athletics Student Account, beginning 9 a.m. ET, July 16. All full-time UK students will have an account automatically created upon registering for classes and an email with instructions on how students can access their account will be sent the week prior to the on-sale date. Students who do not receive an email by July 9 should contact the UK Ticket Office at 800-928-2287 (Option 2) to check the status of their ticket account. A student’s login information is unique to UK Athletics and is not the same as their University of Kentucky myUK username or password.
During the season, students will be able to access their pass through the UK Athletics app, available for free download through the App Store and Android Marketplace. Pass purchasers will then be prompted to claim a mobile ticket during a designated window prior to each home game. More information about the claim process will be made available later this summer.
Single-game student tickets will be available for purchase through the UK Athletics app later this fall. Single-game inventory will be made up of tickets held for single-game sales and tickets unclaimed by season pass holders.
On game days, students with both season passes and single-game tickets will be given a wristband or seat location upon arrival. This will allow students who claim the same areas and enter the venue together to sit together. Tickets may be electronically transferred to other UK students through the UK Athletics app to allow greater flexibility.
Students are also encouraged to download BBN Rewards, the official student rewards app of UK Athletics. Students will be able to earn more through BBN Rewards by checking into events, accumulating points and redeeming those points for great rewards, including Nike gear, exclusive UK Athletics experiences and more. The BBN Rewards leaderboard will also be used to establish men’s basketball ticket claim priority.
Full-time University of Kentucky students as well as Bluegrass Community and Technical College students living in UK campus housing with a valid UK Student ID are eligible to receive student ticket pricing and benefits. The University of Kentucky defines full-time status as:
- 12 credit hours (undergraduate) or
- nine credit hours (graduate).
The University of Kentucky’s annual Family Weekend festivities will coincide with the University of Florida game on Sept. 14. Hosted by the UK Parent and Family Association, Family Weekend welcomes families of UK students to campus for a weekend full of fall activities. Family weekend guests may purchase tickets to Kentucky's football game vs. Florida at an exclusive rate, beginning on July 8, while supplies last. For more information about Family Weekend, visit www.uky.edu/FamilyWeekend.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion two years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. The Chronicle of Higher Education judged us a “Great College to Work for," and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for three straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.