LEXINGTON, Ky. (Aug. 31, 2018) — Individual and team registration is now open for the 2019 DanceBlue marathon! The only requirement is that you and your team members are all full-time University of Kentucky students.
How to DanceBlue
- Create a team — it can be your friends, dorm or any student/Greek organization.
- Personalize your team — pick a cool team name and a team captain. Team captains should be available 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays bi-weekly in the fall semester and weekly in the spring semester for informational Team Captain meetings.
- Register your team — team captains can fill out the registration form at www.danceblue.org. This form will close Sept. 28, 2018.
- Meet goals — each dancer must meet the dancer fundraising goal. Get creative with events! Host a cookout or some other fun event to fundraise. Attend DanceBlue events, like athletic games or restaurant nights to gain spirit points.
- Dance — you get to rock out on the dance floor with 1,000 of the coolest people. All FTK!
What is DanceBlue?
DanceBlue is a student-run philanthropy at the University of Kentucky. It is a yearlong fundraising effort involving over a thousand UK students, which culminates to a 24-hour no-sitting, no-sleeping dance marathon on UK's campus benefitting the Golden Matrix Fund. All of the money raised by DanceBlue goes to DanceBlue Kentucky Children’s Hospital Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Clinic. DanceBlue has been active for over 13 years, raising more than $12.8 million solely "For The Kids." In 2018, more than 900 dancers helped raise money to support the cause of pediatric cancer. To learn more about how to register a team for DanceBlue, visit www.danceblue.org!
The DanceBlue Kentucky Children’s Hospital Hematology/Oncology Clinic opened its brand new facility in 2017 after a complete renovation funded solely from DanceBlue. For more information about DanceBlue, registration information or to support its efforts, please visit www.danceblue.org. Connect with DanceBlue on Facebook at www.facebook.com/danceblue and Twitter at http://twitter.com/UKDanceBlue.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue