LEXINGTON, KY. (Jan. 10, 2022) — Staying on track with your New Year's resolutions can be a struggle. With the post-holiday slump in full effect, sticking to resolutions is often a daunting task for everyone. When creating your resolutions, it is important to remember that resolutions are not overt character changes, but a time to reflect on your previous year and set small, realistic goals for the future. With the abundance of resources available to students on campus, these six resolutions are attainable for any student who wants to make a positive change in 2022!
1. Exercise more. Stay on track with your 2022 fitness goals with group fitness classes. Campus Recreation and Wellness also offers training services, fitness assessments and equipment orientation.
2. Save money. Secure the bag this year with the help of Financial Wellness. They offer programs to help students see the "big picture" of your finances while helping you manage them.
3. Improve your mental health. Good vibes only in 2022. University life can be demanding and sometimes stressful. The Counseling Center offers groups, workshops, short-term counseling, relaxation rooms and Wellbeing Workshops to make this year the best yet.
4. Get better grades. Don't wait until it's too late. Now is the time to make a plan for your success this term. Connect with Integrated Success Coaches and stay on track with your classes with these free tutoring resources.
5. Eat healthier. Start the year off right with University Health Service's nutrition counseling. They can help you assess your daily needs and create a plan to help you meet your goals.
6. Create a safe social life. Even during a pandemic there are tons of ways to get involved on campus. Check them out here.
Remember, creating a new habit takes time and recognizing a change you want to make is the first step.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion four years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for five straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.