New Year, New Mindset
LEXINGTON, KY. (Jan. 10, 2022) — Staying on track with your New Year's resolutions can be a struggle. With the post-holiday slump in full effect, sticking to resolutions is often a daunting task for everyone. When creating your resolutions, it is important to remember that resolutions are not overt character changes, but a time to reflect on your previous year and set small, realistic goals for the future. With the abundance of resources available to students on campus, these six resolutions are attainable for any student who wants to make a positive change in 2022!
1. Exercise more. Stay on track with your 2022 fitness goals with group fitness classes. Campus Recreation and Wellness also offers training services, fitness assessments and equipment orientation.
2. Save money. Secure the bag this year with the help of Financial Wellness. They offer programs to help students see the "big picture" of your finances while helping you manage them.
3. Improve your mental health. Good vibes only in 2022. University life can be demanding and sometimes stressful. The Counseling Center offers groups, workshops, short-term counseling, relaxation rooms and Wellbeing Workshops to make this year the best yet.
4. Get better grades. Don't wait until it's too late. Now is the time to make a plan for your success this term. Connect with Integrated Success Coaches and stay on track with your classes with these free tutoring resources.
5. Eat healthier. Start the year off right with University Health Service's nutrition counseling. They can help you assess your daily needs and create a plan to help you meet your goals.
6. Create a safe social life. Even during a pandemic there are tons of ways to get involved on campus. Check them out here.
Remember, creating a new habit takes time and recognizing a change you want to make is the first step.
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $501 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.