LEXINGTON, Ky. (April 5, 2017) — The University of Kentucky will celebrate its fifth annual Bike Week April 9-14 as part of Earth Days in the Bluegrass. Bike Week is presented by the UK Bicycle Advisory Committee (BAC) and Transportation Services.
Bike Week includes seven events throughout the week including demonstrations of the do-it-yourself fix-it stations, Bike to Campus Day and a bike tour through downtown Lexington. Events throughout Bike Week will educate students, faculty and staff about seeing blue on two wheels at UK, which has been designated as a Silver Level Bicycle Friendly University.
The week’s schedule is as follows:
- 11 a.m.-noon Sunday, April 9, Ride Through Lexington History
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Monday, April 10, Get Your DIY On! Fix-It Station Demonstrations
- noon-1 p.m. Tuesday, April 11, Bike Voucher Panel
- 11 a.m.-noon Wednesday, April 12, Bike to Campus Day and On-the-Spot Safety Checks
- 2-5 p.m. Thursday, April 13, Spring Bike Maintenance Clinic
- 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 13, Tour de Downtown Art
- all day Friday, April 14, Great Minds Think a Bike Twitter Contest
All Bike Week events are free. However, participants in either of the week’s group rides — Ride Through Lexington History and Tour de Downtown Art — must sign up in advance.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue