LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 28, 2020) — Parking gates have been installed in the UK Good Samaritan Hospital (GSH) parking garage in an effort to provide a safer parking experience for patients, visitors and authorized employees. These gates will still allow free parking for patients, patient visitors and authorized employees, while discouraging unauthorized parking. The new gate system will be in operation beginning 7:30 p.m., March 2.
Per UK HealthCare policy #A10-055, only UK HealthCare employees with authorized permits (E4 Reserved, E4U) are allowed to park in the GSH garage from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. All other UK HealthCare employees or affiliates can park in the GSH garage between 4:30 p.m. and 8 a.m. Monday through Friday and anytime on weekends and official university holidays.
Daytime operations will remain the same with parking gates open 4:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. The gates will be lowered from 7:30 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. each day. A preprinted ticket will be needed in order to exit for free.
Once the gates are down:
- No ticket will be dispensed upon entering the garage. The gates senses vehicles and will open.
- To exit the garage without paying a fee, you must receive a preprinted ticket from inside GSH to be inserted at the gate when you exit.
- Preprinted tickets are available in two locations including the GSH Emergency Department (for ED patients only) and the UK Security Fast Pass Station, located at the 1st floor GSH entrance for all other UK HealthCare patients, visitors and employees. Any UK HealthCare employee, patient, or visitor of GSH can get preprinted tickets from the above areas when they leave during overnight hours (7 p.m.-4:30 a.m.)
- There will be a $25 exit fee (to be paid via credit card) if you do not have a preprinted ticket.
- A video intercom system connecting to an outside vendor is available at the exiting parking gate if there are questions or concerns upon exit.
Any authorized UK HealthCare employee, visitor, vendor, or patient will be able to exit the garage for free with a preprinted ticket once the gates are closed.
For any additional questions or concerns please contact: Weston Klinksiek, Guest Relations Manager, Office of Patient Experience, Weston.firstname.lastname@example.org or (859)323-4097.