2022-2023 Parking Permit Rates
LEXINGTON, Ky. (May 6, 2022) – UK students and staff who choose to park on campus for the 2022-2023 academic year will see a slight increase in parking permit fees. The last increase was three years ago, during the 2019-2020 academic year.
While most permit prices will increase, UK Transportation Services will offer a no-cost increase option for employees and students who choose to park at the south campus periphery lots. Periphery permits will remain $34 per month, the same rate since 2014-2015, and provide access to the Kroger Field Red and Blue Lots, the Commonwealth Drive Lot, and the College Way lots for K and EK permit holders in addition to the Orange Lot and the Large Gluck Lot for EK permit holders.
“Transportation Services strives to ensure that campus remains accessible to all members of the campus community,” said Lance Broeking, director of UK Transportation Services. “Unfortunately, we must periodically raise parking permit rates to compensate for increasing costs and infrastructure improvements, but we work to maintain the lowest possible cost options for students and employees, as well as actively support and encourage automobile-free options.
Below is a list of permit types with their associated 2022-2023 monthly fees (unless otherwise noted).
- Permit type: Employee and Student Periphery, monthly fee: $34 (unchanged)
- Permit type: Employee and Student Intermediate, monthly fee: $42
- Permit type: Employee and Student Core, monthly fee: $63
- Permit type: Employee Reserved, monthly fee: $126
- Permit type: Retiree, monthly fee: $10.50
- Permit type: Student Remote, monthly fee: $21
- Permit type: ADA Accessible. monthly fee: $42
- Permit type: Motorcycle/Motor Scooter, monthly fee: $14
- Permit type: Limited, monthly fee: $7 (unchanged)
- Permit type: Off Peak, monthly fee: $21
- Permit type: Summer 2022, monthly fee: $10/week (unchanged)
- Permit type: Daily Visitor ( scratch-off), monthly fee: $6.50/day
- Permit type: Daily Employee/ Student (scratch-off), monthly fee: $4.25/day
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $501 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.