LEXINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 22, 2021) — University of Kentucky President Eli Capilouto issued an update to the campus community about the university's response to COVID-19 on the afternoon of Friday, Oct. 22. You can read that message below.
As of last night, 89 percent of our community was either partially or fully vaccinated.
We are on the threshold of reaching 90 percent, a goal we set only a few weeks ago and an indicator of our strong commitment to keeping everyone in our community healthy and safe.
I know we can reach and even exceed 90 percent by staying committed to each other and to our community.
Here’s a further break down of the numbers:
- Students: 86 percent
- Faculty: 97 percent
- Staff: 92 percent
- The UK campus: 88 percent
- UK HealthCare: 92 percent
Important reminders and guidance for protecting yourself and others:
- You can read the latest results and other data related to our COVID response here.
- Employee vaccine incentives: Employees who have been vaccinated are eligible to participate in our employee incentive program. If you are interested, you can read more information, including prizes and eligibility here.
- Student vaccine incentives: Students who have been vaccinated also are eligible to participate in our student incentive program. If you are interested, you can read more information, including prizes and eligibility here.
Information about boosters: Go to ukvaccine.org to sign up for an appointment if you are eligible for a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. This sign-up process is the same as the one we used last academic year for our vaccine clinics. Other details include:
- You must bring your CDC vaccination card or proof of vaccination to the appointment. Replacement cards cannot be issued at the booster appointment. Walk-up appointments will not be accepted.
- At this time, you do not have to have a booster shot to be considered fully vaccinated. You can read more about booster shots administered at UK here.
Remember, we also encourage you to get your flu shot when you come in for a vaccine at one of our locations. Thank you for all you do for our community.