LEXINGTON, Ky. (June 21, 2017) — A candidate for the dean of the University of Kentucky Lewis Honor College will be on UK’s campus June 26 and 27.
The finalist, whose information will be posted on the search website 48 business hours in advance of an open forum, will visit campus and meet with constituent groups throughout the UK community.
The open forum will take place from 2:30-3:30 p.m. Monday, June 26, in the UK Athletics Auditorium in the William T. Young Library.
After the forum, UK community members will have the opportunity to submit feedback through a web-form, posted on the website.
In October 2015, the University of Kentucky received the largest single gift in its history — $23 million — from alumnus, longtime donor and successful entrepreneur Thomas W. Lewis and his wife Jan to create the Lewis Honors College from the previously existing Honors Program. The university seeks an experienced and visionary leader to serve as the college’s inaugural dean. The dean of the Lewis Honors College is a full-time appointment, reporting directly to the provost and serving on the Deans’ Council.
The dean serves as the academic and administrative head of the Lewis Honors College and is responsible for the leadership and administration of all aspects of the college. This includes but is not limited to:
- communicating with prospective and current Honors College students;
- promoting engagement and success of Honors students;
- developing the curriculum and ensuring appropriate instructional resources for college programs;
- developing co-curricular activities suitable for Honors students;
- integrating the Honors College with the other academic colleges and departments;
- collaborating with the associate provost for enrollment management on student recruitment and admissions;
- managing the budget and its various funding sources; and
- collaborating with the Office of Philanthropy to enhance private funding.
As with all searches, feedback and input from the UK community is invaluable to this process. If you have any questions or would like to provide comments, contact the search committee at email@example.com.