LEXINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 18, 2021) — Flu shots are now available for University of Kentucky students, faculty and staff. See below for a list of locations to receive your flu shot. UK HealthCare employees should see their department manager to receive their flu shot. If their manager has not received their flu shot toolkit, UK HealthCare employees are encouraged to get their shot at one of the retail pharmacy locations.
Please bring your insurance card with you when you receive your flu shot.
Gatton Student Center Blue Box Theater
Students and employees can receive their free flu shot at the GSC Blue Box Theater. Walk-ins are welcome. You may also make an appointment here.
- Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
University Health Service
Students can receive free flu shots in the first-floor lobby of UHS with a valid Student ID. Walk-ins are welcome and encouraged on each of the following dates from 9 a.m.-noon and 1-6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 19
- Thursday, Oct. 21
- Tuesday, Oct. 26
- Thursday, Oct. 28
If you are unable to get a flu shot at UHS during one of these days, call 859-323-2778 to make an appointment.
UK Retail Pharmacy Locations
UK students and employees may also receive their flu shot at any UK Retail Pharmacy site listed below. Make an appointment here. Walk-ins will be accommodated when possible, but appointments are preferred. If you need assistance, please call 833-333-UKRx (8579) toll-free and speak to the location of your choice.
- Chandler Retail Pharmacy 1000 S. Limestone First Floor, Room A.01.114 Lexington, KY 40536 Phone: 859-218-3340
- Good Samaritan Retail Pharmacy 310 S. Limestone Room C-017 Lexington, KY 40508 Phone: 859-218-4777
- Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy 740 S. Limestone First Floor, Room J134 Lexington, KY 40536 Phone: 859-323-5855
- Turfland Clinic Pharmacy 2195 Harrodsburg Road Lexington, KY 40504 Phone: 859-257-5899
- UK Bluegrass Clinic Pharmacy 3101 Beaumont Centre Circle, Room 135 Lexington, KY 40513 Phone: 859-562-0220
- Alumni Park Plaza
2317 Alumni Park Plaza
Lexington, KY 40517
- Open Saturdays 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
When receiving your flu shot, there are a few important things to remember. Bring your valid UK student or employee ID and your prescription insurance card (if separate from your medical insurance card).
- Students: If you are on your family's insurance plan, you should contact your family members and ask for this information. A screenshot of the insurance card is acceptable.
- If you don’t have insurance, you will still be able to receive a free flu shot.
For more information on flu shots and how to get yours, visit www.uky.edu/coronavirus/do-your-part/flu-shots.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion four years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for five straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.