Flu Shot Locations and Times for Students, Faculty, Staff
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 18, 2021) — Flu shots are now available for University of Kentucky students, faculty and staff. See below for a list of locations to receive your flu shot. UK HealthCare employees should see their department manager to receive their flu shot. If their manager has not received their flu shot toolkit, UK HealthCare employees are encouraged to get their shot at one of the retail pharmacy locations.
Please bring your insurance card with you when you receive your flu shot.
Gatton Student Center Blue Box Theater
Students and employees can receive their free flu shot at the GSC Blue Box Theater. Walk-ins are welcome. You may also make an appointment here.
- Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
University Health Service
Students can receive free flu shots in the first-floor lobby of UHS with a valid Student ID. Walk-ins are welcome and encouraged on each of the following dates from 9 a.m.-noon and 1-6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 19
- Thursday, Oct. 21
- Tuesday, Oct. 26
- Thursday, Oct. 28
If you are unable to get a flu shot at UHS during one of these days, call 859-323-2778 to make an appointment.
UK Retail Pharmacy Locations
UK students and employees may also receive their flu shot at any UK Retail Pharmacy site listed below. Make an appointment here. Walk-ins will be accommodated when possible, but appointments are preferred. If you need assistance, please call 833-333-UKRx (8579) toll-free and speak to the location of your choice.
- Chandler Retail Pharmacy 1000 S. Limestone First Floor, Room A.01.114 Lexington, KY 40536 Phone: 859-218-3340
- Good Samaritan Retail Pharmacy 310 S. Limestone Room C-017 Lexington, KY 40508 Phone: 859-218-4777
- Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy 740 S. Limestone First Floor, Room J134 Lexington, KY 40536 Phone: 859-323-5855
- Turfland Clinic Pharmacy 2195 Harrodsburg Road Lexington, KY 40504 Phone: 859-257-5899
- UK Bluegrass Clinic Pharmacy 3101 Beaumont Centre Circle, Room 135 Lexington, KY 40513 Phone: 859-562-0220
- Alumni Park Plaza
2317 Alumni Park Plaza
Lexington, KY 40517
- Open Saturdays 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
When receiving your flu shot, there are a few important things to remember. Bring your valid UK student or employee ID and your prescription insurance card (if separate from your medical insurance card).
- Students: If you are on your family's insurance plan, you should contact your family members and ask for this information. A screenshot of the insurance card is acceptable.
- If you don’t have insurance, you will still be able to receive a free flu shot.
For more information on flu shots and how to get yours, visit www.uky.edu/coronavirus/do-your-part/flu-shots.
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $501 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.