LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 9, 2017) — The University of Kentucky Office for Faculty Advancement and Institutional Effectiveness is now accepting nominations for the University of Kentucky Inclusive Excellence Award. The award will recognize the accomplishments of individuals and academic or professional units that demonstrate a sustained commitment to diversity and inclusion through campus and community involvement and exemplary leadership.
Nominations should be based on exemplary demonstrated leadership in one or more of the following areas:
- Builds awareness, understanding and relationships in the name of diversity and inclusion.
- Creates leadership opportunities, teams, organizations and support systems that promote a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Sponsors or actively promotes programs, initiatives or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion.
- Collaborates with others in the sponsorship, development and implementation of innovative projects and/or programs.
- Acknowledges and rewards exemplary individual and team behaviors that promote diversity and inclusion.
- Secures funding to promote and sustain programs in response to challenges that can affect the fostering of a diverse and inclusive cultural climate.
More information about guidelines for submitting nominations can be found here.
Up to four awards will be granted each year in four categories: student (undergraduate and graduate), faculty, staff, and academic or professional units.
The deadline to submit nomination letters and recommendations to the Office for Faculty Advancement and Institutional Effectiveness is 4 p.m. Friday, March 3.
Inclusive Excellence Award recipients will be honored at a formal ceremony and receive their awards at the faculty awards ceremony scheduled for 1 p.m., April 25, in room 307 in Woodward Hall in the Gatton College of Business and Economics.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue